Monday, July 16, 2012

Okay here goes...my first ever blog.

I tried to do a whole separate fb page for this but it got complicated and I'm not all that much of a fan of fb anyway. So here's to new experiences. A blog? Really? Yeah...

So I departed Dallas area (Flower Mound) this morning about 9am and headed for Colorado Springs. Jesse Parker is being kind enough to houzz me for the night and we plan to get a ride in tomorrow during his lunch. He rode in the B-68 on Sunday (70mile ride/race in Breckenridge) so hopefully he's still recovering from that and will slow him down enough for my sea-level lungs and legs to hang with him.
Rig


Stormy behind, sunny ahead

Extinct volcano in Texas
Drive was easy as far as traffic and weather, the new rig did well. It doesn't seem like it at the time but the road from DFW to where you hit I25 in NM is a steady climb up to over 6000ft. The TRD supercharger would be nice to have for some extra power but that's just not a reality at this point. No idea how much all my gear weighs, plus the pulling of the NACRA, led to some guzzling of gas gallons. I ran the rich stuff to see if it would help with power but I couldn't tell one way or the other, the landscape just changed to much to get any sort of comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment